“The Wolf Clan's most talented ranger, as deadly as she is resourceful. Years she's been out there. Alone. Wild in those mountains. Waiting for that Prestige victory. She won't heel, but she'll fetch better than any hound I know.”
The Howling Arrow
River is a grey-brown wolf clad in a cuirass of hardened leather, and sports a cloak with a large fur-lined collar clasped with stylized star buckle. Her tail is tightly fastened with brown ties, giving it a braided look. River's weapons are a wooden recurve bow with a quiver of arrows hanging at her side, and a small yet deadly dagger.
In all of River's animations and artwork, her amber eyes are either open and stoic or narrowed with concentration (or disgust). She is often expressionless and mainly remains unreadable, and never smiles.
When her purchasable hero skin is equipped, River looses her leather cuirass and trades it in for a stylish midriff outfit. Above her collar is a necklace, upon which is strung an opalescent stone surrounded on both sides by copperesque metal. Her bow gains additional flair in a new shade, now pale like the Wolf Clan's wintery territory.
River's fur is decorated with painted blue symbols, and she wears feathers behind her ears.
River's unique Hero Ability is Huntress: Before initiating in battle, River zaps -1 Health from her opponent with an arrow.
While her stats are all mostly average, her Ability is what makes her a force to be reckoned with.
River's ring selection primarily centers around improving her strength during the night or while on mountain tiles. Wolf Clan rings grant its heroes benefits on Mountain tiles, or additional Magic or Gold after kills.
|Sapphire||Gain Stealth on Mountains, Day and Night.||Default|
|Moonstone||Gain +1 Magic for any Kill in Battle.||After 2 games|
|Onyx||Gain +1 Gold for any Kill in Battle.||After 5 games|
|Celestite||Ignore Mountain movement penalty.||After 10 games|
|Rubellite||+3 Fight while you have only 1 Health.||The Usurpers DLC|
River's chat phrases are as follows.
Farewell: "Moon guide you home." Oops: "I didn't mean that."
Bad luck: "That's no good."
Sorry: "Sorry. Truly."
Mercy: "Keep back, or I'll put one in your knee!"
Well played: "I'm impressed."
Go for (other): "Aim for (other)."
Go for (self): "Challenge me. Just don't expect a fair fight."
Truce (other): "We need not fight (other). For now."
Truce (self): "This ranger roams alone."
Threaten (other): "(other), you won't see the arrow coming..."
Threaten (self): "If I don't stop the King, who will?"
Curse: "Oh Wyld, no!"
Ouch: "Grah! Ow!"
Wow: "Grace of the moon!"
Boast: "Me, queen? Well I couldn't be worse than Thane."
- River the Howling Arrow was first revealed on May 7, 2014 once Brun the Bear Warcaster was unlocked on the Armello Kickstarter campaign. She herself was made available to backers once the $285,000 AUD stretch goal was reached.
- Her name was believed to be "Skye" if she was in fact the same character mentioned in The Winter Wolf audio book sampler. It has been revealed that her name is River, however, disproving the theory.
- Many Armello fans feel that River is too OP (overpowered) due to her dangerous Hero Ability, which allows her to take -1 Health from her opponent before initiating in battle. (This includes the King!) Some fans have even gone as far as to suggest that River should be banned from competitive play. This makes her an extremely controversial character in the Armello universe.
- River shares the same starting Stat points with Scarlet.
- When River fires an arrow at the King while he is at 1 health, she does not lose all her Prestige. This is due to the fact that she never initiated in battle, which is necessary to lose all Prestige.
- In River's Combat/Peril animations, the stylized star buckle upon her chest visible in her official art is not present.
- River's hero skin (Wildlands River) was the first of the secondary hero skins to be released, and the fifth overall.
- ↑ League of Geeks (May 7, 2014). Armello - Timeline Photos. Facebook.
- ↑ League of Geeks (April 30, 2014). NEW Scribe+ Tier! And - AUDIO BOOKS! . Kickstarter.
- ↑ Steam Community :: Guides. Survival Guide to Armello: Tips/Tricks and Strategies (Expanded)
- ↑ Steam Discussions :: Topic Details. So river can kill the king with her passive
- ↑ Steam Discussions :: Topic Details. Official House Rules Suggestions! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
|Original Heroes||Amber • Mercurio • Sana • Thane|
|Secondary Heroes||Barnaby • Brun • River • Zosha|
|The Usurpers||Elyssia • Ghor • Magna • Sargon|
|Bandit Clan||Horace • Scarlet • Sylas • Twiss|
|NPCs||King of Armello • King's Guard • Banes|